Teamed with Chenega Facilities Management (CFM) as prime contractor for two Caretaker Services contracts, CS3 will provide continuous 24/7 uniformed security services at two US army Installations currently undergoing property conveyance under the Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission (BRAC).
Starting September 1, 2014, CS3 initiated full performance of security services at historic and scenic Fort Monroe, VA.
During the initial exploration by the mission headed by Captain Christopher Newport in the earliest days of the Colony of Virginia, the site was identified as a strategic defensive location. In May 1607, they established the first permanent English settlement in the present-day United States about 25 miles further inland from the Bay along the James River at Jamestown. Beginning by 1609, defensive fortifications were built at Old Point Comfort during Virginia's first two centuries. Following the War of 1812, the US realized the need to protect Hampton Roads and the inland waters from attack by sea. Fort Monroe, named after President James Monroe, was completed in 1834. Throughout the American Civil War (1861–1865), although most of Virginia became part of the Confederate States of America, Fort Monroe remained in Union hands. It became notable as a historic and symbolic site of early freedom for former slaves under the provisions of contraband policies. For two years thereafter, the former Confederate President, Jefferson Davis, was imprisoned at the fort. His first months of confinement were spent in a cell of the casemate fort walls that is now part of its Casemate Museum. Fort Monroe later became known as the Gibraltar of Chesapeake Bay and later became the US Army Artillery School. BRAC recommended its closure which President G. W. Bush approved in 2005, followed by its decommissioning by President Obama on September 15, 2011.
Starting September 16, 2014, CS3 initiated full performance of security services at the historic former Walter Reed Army Medical Center (WRAMC) in Washington DC. The Walter Reed Army Medical Center (WRAMC) was — along with its precursor, the Walter Reed General Hospital — the U.S. Army's flagship medical center from 1909 to 2011. Located on 113 acres in Washington, D.C., it served more than 150,000 active and retired personnel from all branches of the military. The center was named after Major Walter Reed (1851–1902), an army physician who led the team that confirmed that yellow fever is transmitted by mosquitoes rather than direct contact. Since its origins, the WRAMC medical care facility grew from a bed capacity of 80 patients to approximately 5,500 rooms covering more than 28 acres of floor space. WRAMC combined with the National Naval Medical Center at Bethesda, Maryland in 2011 to form the tri-service Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC).